- United States, MI, Livonia
SIMULIA - Solution Consultant Internship / Co-op, July - December 2020
Imagine New Horizons...
As an intern in the SIMULIA Center of Excellence you will apply your technical and communication skills to assist solution consultants in one or more of the following areas; pre sales support, customer support, and industry services for SIMULIA products. Working with experienced engineers with broad industry knowledge, you will investigate and replicate customer issues and contribute to the creation of product presentations and demonstrations. Training will be provided on Dassault Systèmes products such as Abaqus for structural analysis, Isight for process automation and design optimization, and the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. You will be exposed to real industry problems and be provided with mentoring by experienced engineers.
This is a paid, full time internship spanning from July to December 2020 based in the Dassault Systèmes office located in Livonia, MI.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes , we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
- Customer Support
- Assist in providing world class support for SIMULIA products
- Investigate and replicate customer support issues
- Resolve customer incidents in a timely manner through independent research and by collaborating with team members
- Pres sales Support
- Execute use case studies that are based on proven customer work flows
- Package the results to create marketing presentation materials and product demonstrations
- Industry Services
- Perform high quality work on consulting projects
- Assist with the communication to customers throughout the duration of the project to meet project goals according to a proposed schedule
- Contribute to the project final report with well written, accurate, and well supported documentation
Your Key Success Factors
- Actively enrolled in a Master's, or PhD program in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Applied Mechanics with focus on Computational Fluid Dynamics at a college or university for the duration of the internship
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Ability to work onsite in the Dassault Systemes Livonia office
- Knowledge of systems tools, system modeling
- Good understanding of the theory of computational fluid dynamics and its application in solving aerodynamic,aeroacoustic , and thermal management design challenges
- Good working knowledge of commercial CFD tools ideally with Powerflow
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Positive, self motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Ability and willingness to self teach new and advanced software functions
- Ability to take direction and guidance from others, adopt and develop best practices and navigate around obstacles creatively
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
SIMULIA®, is defining new standards to establish Finite Element Analysis and realistic simulation softwares as an integral business process in the engineering value chain.