- United States, MA, Waltham
Event Marketing Internship, January - May 2020
Imagine New Horizons...
The North America - Event Marketing Team is part of the North America Marketing Organization. The Event team is responsible for the execution of all demand generation, awareness and corporate events aligned to our Marketing priorities and GEO objectives.
This is a full time paid internship position spanning from January through May 2020 and it based at the Dassault Systèmes North American Headquarters located in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
- Establish and manage project plans and timelines to coordinate event execution with industry, brand and channel marketing, sales subject matter experts and internal/external vendors
- Manage budget, process and track invoices, monitor estimated vs. actual spend, and negotiate favorable terms with vendors and show organizers
- Contribute to the measurement of marketing performance by providing accurate metrics and event reports, inclusive of qualitative and quantitative results
- Plan, negotiate and execute all logistics including venue, catering, accommodations, transfers, printing, exhibit, staging, AV, social activities, speakers’ logistics, etc.
- Work with and manage internal and external resources as needed to ensure the success of the event and event deliverables
The Challenges ahead
Working within the North America - Event Marketing Team, this internship will provide exposure to and the opportunity to participate in projects across the marketing / event portfolio including corporate events, tradeshows and conferences. This position will also expose you to event campaign planning and execution, lead/opportunity management and website content management.
Your Key Success Factors
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or MBA program for the duration of the internship
- Attains a minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Works onsite at our Waltham, MA campus for the duration of the internship; no offsite or remote permitted
- Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrates strong functional use of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn other technology programs/systems
- Possesses strong project management skills
- Displays the ability to work effectively in both a collaborate team structure and independently
- Positive, self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Excellent communication skills
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Discover Dassault Systemes
Join Dassault Systèmes, The 3DEXPERIENCE Company. Everything becomes possible with Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Serving 230,000 customers in 11 industries, from high-tech to life sciences, fashion to transportation, we help businesses and people around the world to create sustainable innovations for today and tomorrow. Get on board a leading and fast-growing company of 17,000 talented professionals.