- United States, RI, Johnston
CO-OP - User Assistance Development - June to December 2021
Imagine New Horizons…
As a User Assistance Intern, you will have an opportunity to learn about SIMULIA simulation applications from a user’s perspective. You will gain hands-on experience by applying your technical and communication skills to build content for our next generation of user assistance (examples, in-app help, user guides, and videos).
This is a paid, full-time internship, 40 hours per week June – December 2021. The opportunity is based in the Dassault Systèmes Simulia Corp office located at 1301 Atwood Avenue, Suite 101W, Johnston, RI 02919.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
Working with software developers, senior user assistance developers, and user experience designers, you will author and edit technical content, create examples and videos, and implement improvements based on user requests. You will work in a highly technical, collaborative, fast-paced environment, and the work you do will help the SIMULIA R&D team deliver an engaging user experience to delight the users of our engineering simulation software.
Your Challenges Ahead
- Help develop and document realistic engineering examples and tutorials
- Create or edit online help topics in XML format using industry-standard tools
- Produce and edit videos using Camtasia software
- Navigate through SIMULIA applications to author, connect, and test the integration of user assistance within the user interface
- Interview subject matter experts as necessary
- Design and implement information architecture
- Use SIMULIA products regularly and provide usability feedback
- Contribute to various short-term user assistance projects
Your key success factors
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or PhD program in engineering or the sciences for the duration of the internship
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Mechanical engineering experience is a plus
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written
- An interest in combining engineering, teaching, and helping others
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Capacity to take direction and guidance from others in a positive manner
- Must work onsite in the Johnston, RI office throughout the internship
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
SIMULIA®, is defining new standards to establish Finite Element Analysis and realistic simulation softwares as an integral business process in the engineering value chain.