- India, MH, Pune
Imagine new horizons...
Dassault Systèmes - a global innovator of simulation driven engineering solutions - is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help develop cutting-edge simulation and design optimization software products that are used worldwide in industries such as ground transportation, aerospace and motorsports.
Do you enjoy a challenge?
Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let’s open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! #3DSINDIALAB
What will your role be?
You will be a member of the PowerFLOW Studio team. Our primary focus is the Studio extensions to PowerINSIGHT, our multi-run optimization and analysis tool. This high visibility feature set consolidates PowerFLOW’s pre-processing, post-processing, and run submission/monitoring tools into one integrated environment with a focus on multi-run exploration and design optimization studies. The Studio extensions also provide a platform for future additions to PowerFLOW’s technology portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience with design and architecture of multi-component software applications, and the drive and intuitive ability to make outstanding decisions.
We’re in the early stages of designing and implementing this rich feature set which will facilitate a variety of new, major capabilities in PowerINSIGHT, including data visualization, both desktop and web interfaces, database access, remote job execution, support for design optimization studies, and job management controls. In these projects, a particular emphasis will be placed on usability (intuitive controls and user workflow), performance (CPU & memory usage, file I/O, etc.), and extensibility.
The challenges ahead:
• Be responsible for the design and implementation of new product features as well as the maintenance of existing functionality.
• Make significant contributions to PowerFLOW Studio from day one and expected to take ownership of various portions of the product.
• Coordinate the input of a variety of domain experts (for example, aerodynamicists) as design considerations, so technical communication and comprehension skills are very important.
• Produce functional and technical designs, which effectively balance customer needs and implementation considerations, so a clearheaded and methodical approach to problem solving is also very important.
• Provide technical leadership to other developers on the team.
Your key success factors:
The ideal candidates would meet all of the following requirements, but we will seriously consider candidates who combine demonstrated software development talent with an eagerness to learn new skills. You should possess most of the following:
• Engineering degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline
• 2 - 7 years experience designing and developing complex commercial software systems
• Excellent C++ programming skills and familiarity with STL
• Solid grounding in computer science theory
• Intellectual curiosity. Regardless of your background, you will encounter new technologies and problem domains here. A natural curiosity is a great asset in this environment.
• Experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces using a high-level toolkit (ideally Qt) on Windows and/or Linux
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills; Able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
• Strong problem-solving skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment; strong desire to learn.
Additional Skills & Experience:
Experience with one or more is a plus:
• Usability concerns as they apply to user interface design
• Python scripting language
• General Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) familiarity
SIMULIA®, is defining new standards to establish Finite Element Analysis and realistic simulation softwares as an integral business process in the engineering value chain.