- United States, CA, San Diego
Biologics Principle Scientist - BIOVIA
Imagine new horizons
- BIOVIA’s scientific solutions allow customers to discover, design, develop optimize, and deliver sustainable innovations to harmonize product, nature, and life.
- BIOVIA solutions are helping more than thousands of companies globally in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, energy, chemicals, aerospace, consumer packaged goods, and industrial products industries to enhance innovation, increase productivity, improve quality and compliance, reduce costs and accelerate time to market
- This role will involve close collaboration with our customers, architecting the scientific research, and delivering results
What will your role be?
- Conceiving transformative scientific solutions for biologics, architecting the methodology, leading and collaborating with a team of cross-disciplinary scientists to deliver outcome-focused results to customers using BIOVIA software technology
- Providing coverage for the whole engagement process with the expected business value while guarantying the final outcomes of the solution
- Forging new directions and guiding computational scientists and data scientists to fine-tune the application of our software to biologics discovery, design, and developability.
The challenges ahead:
- Be a key contributor to the development of novel discovery methods
- Assess customer needs in regards to feasibility, value and risks
- Work with business development early on to identify customer challenges
- Collaborate with different teams in 3DS so that you can architect the best solution for the customer challenge
- Ensure the alignment of the delivered solution with the committed (SoW) project scope
- Guide and mentor team members
Your key success factors?
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics or similar disciplines
- Patents and peer-reviewed publications
- 15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Track record of success in drug discovery and development
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), 3 weeks’ vacation, 9 paid holidays plus 3 floating holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
BIOVIA provides scientific solutions to discover, design, develop and deliver innovative drugs, materials and formulas.